Help spread kindness this holiday season
“Crowded street, busy feet, hustle by them
Downtown shoppers, Christmas is nigh
There they sit all alone on the sidewalk
Hoping that you won’t pass them by”
– from Pretty Paper, a Christmas Carol
Winter has arrived in our city and with it, the snow and cold temperatures. As we begin to prepare for the holiday season, let us remember those in need.
You can help support someone in need of non-emergency help by calling 211 and pressing 3 for the 24/7 Crisis Diversion Team.
Examples of when to call 211*:
- A person is intoxicated or otherwise impaired
- A person is confused or experiencing a mental health concern
- A person is dressed inappropriately for the weather
- An individual is concerned for his/her own safety
- A person is sleeping in a stairwell, lobby or unsafe space
*It should be noted that individuals have the right to refuse this service.