Human Trafficking in Alberta
Date: Thursday May 18th 2017 9:00 am to Thursday May 18th 2017 11:00 am
Place: Multipurpose Room 6, Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre
Please note that this training workshop is SOLD OUT
This workshop will:
Cindy Kovalak, is the Community Engagement Coordinator for ACT Alberta. She is a retired member of the RCMP and served for twenty years in various detachments across Alberta. Following her retirement, Cindy was the Executive Director of Cochrane and Area Victim Services for four years. Cindy returned to the RCMP and did a one-year civilian contract as the RCMP's Northwest Region Human Trafficking Awareness Coordinator. Cindy has been with ACT Alberta since 2014.
- Define human trafficking
- Highlight the difference between human trafficking and human smuggling
- Explore the myths surrounding human trafficking
- Discuss how human trafficking presents itself in Alberta
- Uncover red flags and indicators of human trafficking
- Identify potential victims of human trafficking
- Present case studies and show how ACT Alberta works collaboratively with community partners to assist victims
Cost of the workshop: FREE
Notice to Registered Social Workers: REACH workshops are eligible for Category A credits with the Alberta College of Social Workers if they align with your personal learning goals for the year and you submit a Category A Summary Form in your personal portfolio.