ETHNOCULTURAL FAMILY VIOLENCE COMMITTEE
Ethocultural Family Violence Committee (EFVC) provides education and advocacy for family violence prevention in a cultural context. The committee aligned with Community Initiatives Against Family Violence (CIAFV) in 2016. This is part of REACH Edmonton's Immigrant & Refugee Initiative (RIRI).
- To work towards collaborative culturally appropriate family violence training for service organizations.
- To influence systems change in response to the Gap Analysis Report completed in 2018.
- Increase knowledge and understanding of newcomer, immigrant, and refugee communities and service providers including:
- Edmonton Police Services
- Children Services
- Other agencies who serve these target populations
- Edmonton Police Service, Children Services and others who serve these target populations.
- Increase knowledge about family violence and support to newcomer, immigrant, and refugee communities of Edmonton.